DONOVAN RITTENBACH, M.A.
Marketing Magician Creates Magical Moments
Web developer and videographer with 20+ years experience building relationships between companies and audiences.
Areas of Expertise
Guerrilla Marketing | Usability | Information Architecture | Systems Administration | U/X Design | Project Management | Site Design
Adobe Photoshop, Bridge, Lightroom, After Effects, Cinema 4D, Premiere, HTML 5, CSS, PHP, MySQL, JQuery, Linux, Unix, WordPress
- Changed school culture resulting in building of a new science center and national award.
- Built YouTube Channel with 1,300+ videos and 23k minutes watch time/month.
- Raised the conversion of GA ticket sales at California Academy of Sciences from 11% to 54%
Bishop O’Dowd High School, Oakland, CA, 2010 – Oct 2019
Managed WordPress news and marketing site for Oakland Magazine’s Best Private High School in East Bay.
- Created key marketing and admissions mini-docs. These influence pieces were instrumental in tripling admissions applications and raised $5M.
- I operated in most production roles including scouting, casting, interviewing, scriptwriting, DSLR photography, drone work, B-roll acquisition, editing, audio production, color correction, and distribution.
- Ran weekly WordPress news blog for nine years covering athletics, environment, culture, and entertainment. Shot key visual assets used in stories and marketing collateral.
- Built a YouTube channel with 1,300+ video stories, and 23k minutes of watch time/month. Maintained 60TB photo and video archive.
California Academy of Sciences, Oakland, CA, 2006-2010
- Web Manager for 20,000-page site with 3M unique visitors and 10M page views per year.
- Configured and maintained/supported 17 WordPress blogs.
- Raised conversion of GA ticket sales from 11% to 54%.
Web App Guru, CA, 2001 – 2006
Custom web app development and hosting service.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Bridge, Lightroom, After Effects, and Premiere.
- Innovative problem-solver strategically optimizes workflow.
- Task-based usability testing, information architecture, HTML, and CSS.
- Intermediate knowledge of PHP, MySQL, and JQuery.
- Photographer/videographer creates magical marketing moments.
M.A. in Multimedia, California State University East Bay, First M.A. Multimedia class in the world
B.A. in Psychology, Education Option, California State University East Bay