Alameda, CA | (510) 684-6997 | email@example.com
Web developer & videographer with 22 years experience with all facets of web development; INTJ; Creates emotionally compelling videos that raise money for noble causes; One man band for small to medium sized organizations; Skilled tech with a strong aesthetic; Customer service oriented; Loves results-oriented systems optimization; Innovative problem solver and solution creator thinks outside the box to achieve the difficult; Highly independent; Magician creates magical marketing moments; Storyteller; Guerrilla marketer; Moment Hunter.
Bishop O’Dowd High School, Oakland, CA, 2010-Present
- Administers ALL aspects of 1,800+ page mobile friendly WordPress site.
- Developed Gravity Forms e-commerce payment system that processes $750k/yr in donations.
- Created marketing front end for $450k/yr summer school program.
- Programmed custom PHP/MySQL apps to enhance site usability.
- Streamlined complex financial aid process to increase efficiency 300% with printable PDFs.
- Uses Google Analytics to enhance user experience (U/X) and generate revenue.
- Creates keynote worthy fundraising videos – San Damiano Retreat Center, Transforming Lives, Admissions, Center for Environmental Studies, The Center
- Admissions movies contributed to a 300% increase in admissions applications.
- Expert event photographer and videographer makes memorable marketing moments;
- Administers photo repository with 60k+ photos and 50TB of archived project video.
- Created and maintains YouTube channel. Posted 1,300 videos with 1.7M views. 23k minutes watch time/month. Most viewed non-paid video – 700k views.
California Academy of Sciences, Oakland, CA, 2006-2010
- Web Manager for 20,000 page site with 3M unique visitors and 10M pageviews per year.
- Built out three major sites www, teachers and mobile.
- Configured and maintained/supported 17 WordPress blogs.
- Completed 5,000 work requests in one year from 18 different departments.
- Raised conversion of GA ticket sales from 11% to 54%.
- Managed teams of 4 programmers + designer.
Web App Guru, CA, 2001 – 2006
Project Manager and Software Developer
Unix systems administration, U/X design, project management, site design, to create suite of custom web applications using teams of offshore developers.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Bridge, Lightroom, After Effects, and Premiere.
- Innovative problem solver strategically optimizes workflow.
- Task-based usability testing, information architecture, HTML, and CSS.
- Intermediate knowledge of PHP, MySQL and JQuery.
- High level photographer/videographer creates magical marketing moments.
- Pragmatic idealist seeks ways to keep helping make a better world.
M.A. in Multimedia, California State University East Bay, First M.A. Multimedia class in the world
B.A. in Psychology, Education Option, California State University East Bay
- Unquenchable thirst for knowledge.
- Hobbies include magic, microphotography, drones, 3D Printing and strategic board gaming; 5 time NanoWrimo winner; long time practitioner of Zen; Author of “The Magic Pomodoro Technique” – a guide to productivity