Bit of a controversy here. I know not everyone will agree, but at least think about it.
Here’s your website optimization checklist ranked by priority of revenue generation:
1) Copy – This is the fastest way to make your website more effective. This is why you get clicks and calls.
2) Content – Engaging content answers your audience’s burning questions and keeps them on site. It’s why Google ranks you.
3) Usability – A good site is scannable, and clearly organized so your visitors can find what they are looking for as quickly and easily as possible.
4) Design – Design hooks them. The copy keeps and converts them.
5) Speed up your site load time and make it mobile friendly – Nobody likes a slow loading page, and since 1/2 your audience is looking on mobile, be mobile friendly.